Heads up, folks: someday, people will point back at the iPhone as a device that forced people to really slow down and think about photos.
If that sounds crazy, remember that the way people think about the iPhone now is exactly how people used to think about:
- 35mm film (as opposed to medium format/large format)
- Medium format film (as opposed to large format)
- Color film (as opposed to black and white)
- All film (as opposed to glass plates)
- Dry plate (as opposed to wet plate)
And that’s hardly exhaustive.